Important thing to remember in college placement
If you are thinking of taking a job through College Placements, Then consider these 3 really important advice that I myself and many others wish someone had given us.
1) Don’t just think about Package
Obviously we are gonna think about package whenever we are going to apply for job in placements. Mostly people will select the company which will give them the most right? Yes correct. That’s what most of the people do because at that time they don’t know what else to consider.
But, this is wrong, thinking about getting more salary is definitely good, but you also have to consider the factors like what is the work culture, is there a work life balance or not? This is really important to find out.
If you entered a company with really good package but its work culture is really bad and you are working everyday more than 12 hours (which is mostly seen in these type of cases), then even thought you are earning more, there will be no time for you to enjoy, as you will be so tired and depressed with ton of work. You will not be able to spend quality time with your family, not able to get enough sleep which is bad for health.
So, in short do your research about all this before accepting the offer. Remember you are working to live, not living to work.
2) Know what will be your in-hand salary
Most probably whenever people are applying for job from college placements or for the first time, most of them don’t know that the package that they are given is not the salary they will get in hand.
Mostly companies offer you package by saying CTC(Cost to company) instead of in hand to make it seem bigger. So, always clarify what will be your in hand salary.
3) Know What Work you will do
As I said earlier, due to high package and also sometimes due to really popular companies, most people accept the offer and don’t care to find enough about what work they will do in that company like What technologies they will work with, what will be their everyday tasks, what domain is company working in etc.
The reason you should find all these information because it happens most of the time that, you will be working with technologies or domains you are not really interested in. So better clear all things up and then choose the company.
Hope this Helps. Good luck. Also if you find this helpful.
By seeing the above image, you probably have got an idea of what this all is really about. So, here are the Difference between CTC and In-Hand Package,
1) CTC (Cost to Company)
- In Simple language, It is the amount a company spends on an employee.
- It involves elements like House Rent Allowance (HRA), Provident Fund (PF), and Medical Insurance, and other allowances which are added to the basic salary.
- Basically, all these elements when combined, form the entire Cost to Company CTC. Sometimes stocks is also include in CTC.
- In simpler terms, CTC is nothing but a company’s spending on hiring and maintaining the services of an employee.
2) In Hand Salary
- It is also called Net Salary or Take-Home Salary.
- It is the salary which you actually get into your bank account every month, once tax and other such deductions are carried over with.